Saturday, November 13, 2010

A surprise here...a surprise there..

There have been quite a few surprises in our lives in the last week or so. The best one yet, baby Jackson FINALLY let his daddy feel him for the first time last night!!! Usually, when he is kicking, I grab Jon's hand or tell him to come over, and then all kicking stops. But last night I had been laying down for awhile and Jackson was having a party in there. So, although it was still slightly faint, Jon felt him a few different times. It's such an amazing feeling for me to be able to feel this baby inside me and now it's even better being able to share that with my husband. As the weeks go on, he will be able to feel him even better as he gets bigger and stronger but for now, because of where my placenta is, they are still slightly faint kicks unless you know what you're expecting. The other night, I swear my hand was kicked off my stomach... it was a very strong one!

The other surprise was that I was able to be with my family last week in Florida! The beginning of November is a tough time for my family as it is, and it was just great to be able to all be together this year. (we may have to make this an annual thing) My Aunt Sandy and Kathleen were flying down to spend the weekend with my Mom and Elliot, and I knew my Aunt Mary would be there also, so instead of surprising my Mom for her birthday, we decided to switch it and surprise the Aunties. :) 

It was an amazing week though and I was able to get in a lot of Elliot time which was amazing! He has grown so much since July and seeing his little personality shine was just such a blessing. Now leaving everyone, that was difficult, but December will soon be here and then I will even have Jon with me! Yay!

Other than that, nothing too out of the ordinary going on here. Jon had his final Marine Corps Ball on Monday, and had a good time :) I cannot believe that by summer we will no longer be an active military family. He has had the last two days off so we are enjoying a long weekend for Veteran's Day. We also have our Naval Hospital ultrasound on Wed this week (so let's hope they find the same results lol) and then my next Dr appt isn't until Dec 3rd unless I can sneak in there earlier..but hopefully I'll have some other  u/s pics to post after Wed!

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm glad Jon was able to feel the baby move. And thanks again for flying in last weekend for my b'day! It was busy, but we sure had fun!!

    Can't wait til Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like that grandson of mine is going to be a rowdy one. That's what I like Rowdy little Richer boys. Glad you were able to spend time with the family in Fl. Family, nothing like it is there? Love, Mommy Richer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for surprise visits home!! Can't wait to see you and Jon at Christmas!! Elliot is excited too! YAY for Jon feeling Jackson - such a cool feeling! Before you know it, it will be March and you will be cuddling with your little guy! xoxo

    ReplyDelete